, posted 1 day ago / 665 Views
IGN has posted a video showcasing the first 15 minutes of the upcoming game, The Gunk, which is from publisher Thunderful Games and developer Image & Form Games.
View the gameplay video below:
Here is an overview of the game:
From the creators of the SteamWorld franchise—the action series that tells the tales of steam-driven robot adventures and that has garnered more than 100 awards and nominations—comes a completely new game, The Gunk. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter terrifying enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet, while saving it in the process.
- Save a dying planet from a slimy parasite, and restore it to its exuberant past.
- Take it upon yourself to rid the planet of gunk, salvage what lies beneath… and save its inhabitants.
- Master your power glove.
- Absorb the tainting gunk and use it.
- Manipulate the environment and then craft what you find to your advantage.
- Fight corrupt monsters…
- Do they have access to gunk? Are they alone or in a pack? Can I use nearby objects—or can they be used against me?
- As nature heals you get access to larger areas of the planet, and can unearth the story behind its demise.
- …and take a stand.
- Why did you come here? To save this dying planet… or to strip it of its resources, and then leave?
The Gunk will launch for the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC on December 16 for $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99. It will also be available on Xbox Game Pass.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.